Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Somethings gonna give...

Oh please don't let it be my sanity! Wait a minute, its 10:36 pm and Emily just busted into the office. One moment please while I put my child to bed...

10:37 and Emily is back in bed. Let's see how long this lasts.

This wasn't how I planned on starting this post, but its a perfect summation of the past few days. As I look around the house, I see laundry and dishes piled up everywhere, children sitting mindlessly in front of the TV, ungraded papers taunting me, meditation cushion collecting dust. Don't even get me started on the bathroom remodel and the garden.

I wonder where and when did I go wrong? What was the straw that broke my back? And how am I going to get back to good? (Well, listening to Matchbox 20 is a start). But all jokes aside, I am really feeling overwhelmed. Perhaps the reality of being a working-mom with no daycare and a special needs child living in an 80 year old house is starting to catch up with me.

10:46 Emily is out of bed again, if you'll excuse me.

Now its 10:48 pm, and I suppose I need a plan. Because feeling like this isn't accomplishing anything. And the plan???

Ummm

Well

Let's see...

10:49 I suppose I'll start by putting Emily back to bed.

And if you're wondering, its now 11:02 and I've put Emily to bed three times in the past 12 minutes and changed her diaper.

I'll open the floor to comments here at 11:03. Seriously. There has got to be someone out there that knows what they're doing. That person is NOT me.

No comments:

Post a Comment